Our charitable giving falls into six main categories:
- Supporting the Mayoralty and the City of London Corporation by donations to the Lord Mayor’s Annual Appeal, to City & Guilds, to the Sheriffs’ and Recorder’s Fund and to the Mansion House Scholarship Fund, as well as events like ‘Jailed & Bailed’ for the British Red Cross and the Big Curry Lunch for the Army Benevolent Fund.
- Supporting the Company’s Armed Service affiliations; 151 Regiment, HMS St Albans and the CCF with charitable gifts and also with donations to our own church, St Bride’s.
- Supporting our marketing industry with gifts to the History of Advertising Trust and the Museum of Brands and a Market Research Society Award.
- Encouraging excellence in marketing education:
- By making awards and granting bursaries in conjunction with the country’s leading business schools (Cambridge Judge, Cass, Cranfield, Greenwich, Kent, Northumbria, Oxford Said, Queen Mary London and Westminster) to graduate students at the cutting edge of marketing thinking.
- We also fund our own Mais Scholarship for Liverymen and their dependants.
- In 2015 we funded a bursary to enable a Liveryman to attend the Advanced Management Programme at Harvard in addition to a second bursary generously funded by Court Assistant Emeritus, Professor Martyn Davis.
- In 2016 we plan to fund the establishment of a Professorial Chair in Marketing at Gresham College and a place for a Liveryman on the Advanced Management Programme at Oxford Said Business School.
- Support is given to each Master with City-based donations of their choice, such as the Central School of Ballet and the Guildhall School of Music & Drama.
- We look after our own in need as guided by our Almoners.
None of this could happen without the generosity of Liverymen and Freemen, past and present. Charitable giving has been at the heart of City Livery Companies from their inception and as Marketors we are proud to continue this tradition. Whilst the Trust is an independent charity and donations are voluntary, it is hoped that every Liveryman and Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Marketors will feel able to make a contribution to our charitable work.
Read about recent beneficiaries of the Marketors’ Trust and find out how the money that Company Members generously donate makes a difference.
The accounts of the Trust are below, and if you would like to contribute or increase your contribution, please email the Chairman of the Trust.
Marketors’ Trust Annual Report and Accounts 2014