We were asked to prepare the corporate identity for Hammersmith Academy, a new build Academy that was being funded by Worshipful Company of Mercers and Worshipful Company of Information Technologists.
Brand origination, the logo, name-style, Brand Book and Brand guidelines
Having received the brief, client requirements and constraints, we prepared a series of creative solutions and took these to research.
We organized a series of six research groups (prospective parents, prospective students and teaching staff) and eliminated the non-runners.
From 3-4 remaining options we prepared a full second stage creative presentation covering various aspects of the brand usage. This was considered by the Board of Governors and a final design route approved.
The agreed design was then created as master digital images and a Brand Book prepared, providing guidelines for the Brand usage over all media.
We provided Hammersmith Academy with a complete package that enabled them to establish and retain a tight control on all marketing and corporate communications.
Areas of involvement:
Over the period we addressed and provided solutions for:
- Development of the Brand statement.
- Development of the Brand colours and typography.
- Preparation of the Brand Book (Brand guidelines).
- Conventional brand applications (stationery suite etc).
- External 3D branding.
- Application of the Brand to uniform and sportswear.
- External branding and signage.
- Colour co-ordinated interior signage for the learning disciplines.
- Design and concepts for the Prospectus, Parent communications, guerrilla marketing to the students.
- Introducing and liaising with 3rd Party suppliers (printers, apparel providers, architects).
- Website concept.