st_brides_interiorOn Sunday 25th September the Master attended a special celebratory service at the Marketors’ church, St Bride’s in Fleet Street. The service was to celebrate the completion of the restoration work on the interior of the church. In her sermon the Rector, the Rev Canon Alison Joyce, who is also Honorary Chaplain to the Marketors, referred to the much more substantial rebuilding that had gone on after the Great Fire in 1666 and after the Blitz in 1940. St Bride’s is one of Christopher Wren’s most beautiful churches with his tallest spire after which the wedding cake is modelled. The medieval church was where the first printing press with moveable type was brought in 1500. Hence the church became adopted by the Communications Industry.