A proposition for Liverymen and their dependents.
September and October 2015 provides a window of opportunity
In our busy lives as marketors we may personally find it challenging to make time to undertake professional development through a research project or satisfy a restless curiosity in the focussed study of some aspect of marketing that is of direct personal interest. It is not only time resource that prohibits making the first step but the need to allocate funds to cover costs.
The Marketors’ Trust Mais Bursary was reconstituted in 2014 as a Scholarship with up to £3,000 for each successful application. Unfortunately this year no applications were received from Liverymen and we are therefore reopening applications for a short period 1st September to 31st October 2015 to both Liverymen and their dependents.
It is easy to apply, the judging criteria are straightforward and the conditions of entry are few. Each applicant will have their own unique reason for applying but in return all can benefit from:
– £3000 Scholarship to support the time and expense needed to complete the study.
– Recognition of being supported by the Marketors whilst delivering a unique personal contribution to the marketing profession.
– Support via the Awards Committee with agreed joint scholarship objectives which in turn support the strategic aims of the Company.
– Networking opportunities both within and without the Company.
– A promotional platform to amplify the key outcomes of your work and enhance a sense of pride and achievement.
In 2014 the Mais Scholarship was awarded to Liveryman Annmarie Hanlon for her application “Researching frameworks for social media”Past beneficiaries have studied subjects as diverse as the “Marketing secrets of Silicon Valley” to “How social enterprises are marketed in the UK”. The choice of subject is yours as long as it meets the criteria.
Mike Jones, Chairman of the Awards Committee, commented “Why not make a contribution to the development of marketing, wake that desire to demonstrate the benefits of the marketing profession to those in the City, in the Livery and beyond. Do this with the support of the Worshipful Company of Marketors and the Mais Marketing Scholarship.”
Liverymen or their dependents interested in making an application for the award are welcome to have a preliminary discussion with the Awards Committee Chairman, Court Assistant Mike Jones on 0151 608 3193.